3736 Florence Street
Redwood City, CA. 94063
Winner Takes All!
Winner will brew winning Recipe with Brewmasters Alisha Blue, Orion, and the Spirit of Malcolm on Freewheel’s Professional system!!!!!
Second Place gets a gift bag ($25 Freewheel gift card, t-shirt, growler, and more!)
Single style showdown: British Brown Ale BJCP 2015 13B only
May be brewed with or without added nuts, but the nutty aspects of the style should be prevalent!
Feb/18/2018 BREW DATE Rain or Shine
11am Prep & Set up
12pm Mash In
7pm Clean-up and vacated
Apr/2/18 Turn-in beers into Freewheel for judging
Judging Apr/5/18 along with Award Ceremony
- The primary base malt used must be Marris Otter (please pre-mill it before the contest, as no mill is available), but other malts, specialty malts, hops, yeast and beyond are up to the brewers.
- Bring your own Rigs with propane. One brewing system per club. Note that there is only a single 120V circuit available, and it will be used for pumps only.
- Max. of two brewers per club.
- There is no entry fee for this competition!
- 2015 BJCP Guidelines. Single Style Showdown: BJCP 2015 13B British Brown Ale only! Use of nuts is optional, but nuttiness should be prevalent.
- Start to Finish Brewing on Site, outdoors on the patio in front of Freewheel only.
- Fermentation & Bottling takes place offsite.
- Club Members who are brewing will get two drink tickets each, any club member not brewing gets Happy Hour pricing ($5.00 pints)
- Turn-in per BJCP guidelines.
- Turn in three 12oz bottles with ID label attached with rubber band (do not use tape.) Bottles must not contain identifiable marks and plain, unmarked gold caps must be used.
- Bring your beer to award ceremony for everyone to taste
To Reserve a Brewing spot Contact Club President